Time commitment: Flexible to suit Volunteer.
Role description: Working as part of our fundraising team, writing funding applications, community fundraising or participating in sponsored events.
Benefits to the volunteer: The work of Street Connect cannot exist without funding, so the work you will do is vital. You will learn about fundraising, working as part of a team you will have an opportunity to develop skills including communication, IT, organising events, logistics, social media, networking, marketing and PR. This will strengthen your confidence as you see your hard work materialising in the growth of the charity and know that you are making a real difference to your community.
Main Tasks: This role may include identifying ways of raising funds, taking action to help secure this funding, for example searching for appropriate grant funders and writing out fundraising applications. You may also be participating in and/or helping to organise fundraising events.
Required skills, qualities and experience: You do not need to have any related qualifications for this role, but possessing some or all of the following would be an advantage:
- A professional and friendly telephone manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Previous fundraising experience would be helpful.
- Fully computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools and emails.
- Social media skills.
- Commitment to work in compliance with policies and procedures.
Training and support available: You will be given induction training into the various aspects of the work and support and supervision from our Volunteer Coordinator or other staff member.
Reimbursement of expenses: Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed, including travel expenses.
Other requirements: You require to be 16+ years of age and in sympathy with the Christian faith.
- Application Form
- Reference checks: Please note that one reference should be someone who knows you in a professional capacity, to ensure your suitability to undertake the work.
- 3-month probation period
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please click the banner below to download and complete our application form.